Friday, January 30, 2009

Christmas 2008

I realize it is nearing the end of January 2009 and I'm posting about "last" Christmas, but alas I want Otto to have a record of not only how delinquent his mother is but of his life.

So, Christmas 2008 was delightful.  We enjoyed Christmas Eve in Olympia with my family, Grandpa Ron, Grandma Joan, Uncle Jason, Aunt Lisa and Cousin Lauren.  We sadly missed my grandmother this year as she was snowed in in Wenatchee.  We had a fun afternoon and evening with playing and dinner.  Otto and I went out into their backyard and scouted for deer.  We came upon three that quickly hopped away.  We also enjoyed all the snow and the beautiful Christmas lights that Grandpa Ron spent so much time putting up. 

Here are some photos of our time with them:
We woke Christmas morning in our cozy house and found that Santa had visited while we were asleep.  Otto's morning began with lots of chocolate from his stocking and countless presents from Santa and family.
Later in the day we made our way over to Kirkland to visit Grandma Kathee and Opa where we feasted on duck and unwrapped more fun presents.  This year Auntie Jessica couldn't join us because she was visiting Tracie's family in Texas.  We missed her, but enjoyed playing with her dog Diego and eating her share of the Christmas cookies. : )

Here is a photo of our time with them:
Christmas this year felt unusual.  I think the amount of snowfall made it difficult to be with more family and the economy made spending money of gifts feel uncomfortable.  We are so thankful and feel extremely fortunate for all that we have.

No comments: