Tuesday, May 15, 2007

First Mother's Day


My first Mother's Day was quite a treat! It started with sleeping in and not changing diapers! Yipee! Then I was treated to a hot soy latte from Starbucks and my favorite, an apple fritter (not on the diet plan, but oh well).

We spent the whole day together as a family, which was exactly what I had wanted. We intended to go on a picnic at Seward Park, but since the weather was windy and cold we decided to have our picnic in our living room in front of the fireplace. Our little Otto was sure thoughtful to take a nap just as our picnic was getting underway! Hence the big smile on my face. : )

Otto surprised me with garnet (his birthstone) earrings and Andrew arranged for Auntie Adrienne to babysit while we went to dinner at The Harvest Vine. Wow whee what a wonderful day.

It sure was nice to feel special and be with my new family on my first Mother's Day.

3 comments:

librarymeow said...

What a great mother's day! The Harvest Vine is my absolute FAVORITE restaurant too! Love the pic of Otto w/ the bow :-) Lots of fun seeing you two yesterday - see you next week! Cheers!

adrienne said...

Hooray! I made it onto the blog! Great photos, Kerry. Can't wait to hang out with you and Andrew on Friday. I'm glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it! love Auntie A

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful relaxing mother's day...you look beautiful as always...and that lunch/dinner looks Great too :)