Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Incredibly Long Absence

Wow! It's been so long since I posted any updates of Otto. I look at the last post from Jan. and hardly recognize our little Otto now. He's grown and changed so much...

Let's start with the binkie. It officially disappeared on Tuesday, April 26th, 2009. It's one of those dates I'll never forget. Andrew came home from work and joined us in Otto's room for bedtime. He began telling me about an article he had recently read about pacifier use and the bone structure in the mouth. Otto overheard the conversation and automatically spit out the binkie. I seized the opportunity and discretely scooped up the binkie. I hid it in the closet and never gave it back. Otto asked for several days afterwords, but I held my ground.

Next, Otto transitioned from a crib to a twin bed in Feb. 2009 just before we left on a vacation to Mexico. He had stayed the night with my mom for the weekend and when he returned we surprised him with a new bed and new decoration. He wasn't too happy with us for not including him in the transition work, but he transitioned easily into his new bed.

As I mentioned above we took a trip to Mexico in Feb and another one in March. We first went to Puerto Vallarta for Andrew's work conference and met some wonderful new friends who had a son, James, a few months older than Otto. We had a great time hanging out with them each day. Our second trip was to Akumal with Andrew's parents. We had a fantastically relaxing vacation and got to see some new sights in Mexico. We may be returning to this quiet secluded villa.

Those are the major milestones/updates for now. Except for Otto becoming a big brother, but I'll post a separate entry for that.

No comments: