Sorry to all you blogaholics who have been waiting for an update on Otto. I can't believe it's been a month since our last post. We've sure been busy! Here's what's happened over the last month...
Otto had surgery to repair a hydrocele at the end of April. Seeing him put to sleep in the OR was the hardest part for me. I sang to him while he breathed in the sleeping gas. The surgery only took an hour and the recovery was pretty quick. He was back to normal by the next day. The surgeon told us that Otto was his first patient in 5 years to break open his glued incision. Leave it to Otto to break records! Luckily Dr. Daddy saved the day with a couple steri-strips. All went very well and he is up to his old self again.
Otto got another haircut. This time Andrew and I borrowed neighbor Doug's clippers and used them for a more even trim. It actually turned out pretty cute and made Otto look a little more like a toddler than a baby. Here is a before and after shot.


Otto had a fun play date with his friend Ruby. They shared a snack together and played with a few toys while I chatted with my friend, Lupine.

My mom came for a visit and I captured this cute photo of the two of them discussing the possibilities of radishes. Our garden is looking great and we are excited about harvesting yummy veggies this summer. Otto has been a super helper by taking three hour afternoon naps while I dig in the dirt. He also loves being outside helping! :)

At the beginning of May we took a family trip to Wenatchee to visit Otto's great grandmother. It was Apple Blossom weekend so we took in the parade. Also my uncle John and cousin Will were visiting, so it was a mini reunion. We all had a fantastic time and the weather was perfect. Last year was Otto's first Apple Blossom parade and he spent the entire time staring at the pretty dresses of the girls sitting in front of us. This year he really enjoyed the bands, the horses, the floats and the clowns. He really was cute waving and blowing kisses to everyone that went by. I was surprised that he didn't like cotton candy, but it must be an acquired taste/texture. : )


Blowing kisses.


Here are a couple more photos taken at my grandmother's house. We have wonderful memories of this weekend. Here's Otto stealing Grandma's (empty) coffee.

This picture makes me really happy.
1 comment:
OH that is the sweetest picture there at the end! The haircut is great too!
Post a Comment