Monday, January 21, 2008

Two New Milestones

With all the hub-bub of Otto's first birthday I neglected to share with everyone that he's now walking. He had been trying for a few weeks, but hadn't seemed to be making much progress (forward, anyway). Then on Thursday, Jan. 10th in the evening in his bedroom he just took off across the room to his toy basket. It's made him a whole lot happier and now crawling, anywhere, is rare.

His second new milestone came last Thursday, Jan. 17th after spending the morning with Daddy. I came home and Andrew told me that Otto learned to say a new word..."tickle." At first I didn't believe him because as a literacy specialist I know the /t/ and /k/ sounds are more difficult to produce. It's the cutest thing to hear! When Andrew took him swimming that night Otto was patting his belly saying "tickle, tickle, tickle."

I've captured both of these feats on video, but have yet to have accomplished the feat myself of learning how to download them. So, these videos are forthcoming.

1 comment:

librarymeow said...

Walking??!?? How exciting!! I bet he keeps you on your toes!