Otto turned 11 months old today and today was the first day of not breast feeding him. It totally wasn't planned and as I write this I'm just coming to realize how coincidental this is.
I feel really sad, but am also glad to be finished. I'm happy for mine and his independence, but feel a loss for our cuddling and bonding time. We'll just have to have more hugs and kisses each day instead.
Otto weaned himself and now drinks formula from a sippy cup. In another month he'll be drinking cow's milk, which hopefully has a lot more calcium to build strong bones because Otto's just beginning to take his first steps. (Not to mention it's a whole lot cheaper. Can't believe formula cost $15 a can. Thank goodness I've breast fed him for this long!)
The last couple days Otto has been unusually fussy and it's not because he's teething nor is it from the red wooden wheel that's still adrift in his intestine. It's because he's mastering the wobbly art of walking. All day long he wants to practice walking and his four wheeled lion doesn't cut it, so that means I spend the whole day bent in half so Otto can lightly hold my fingertips while he practices.
I have a great sense of pride when I think about how much Otto has grown and changed in less than one year. He is amazing!
2 comments:
Oh wow! He's almost walking! And he ate a wheel! Gee Otto -- you are growing fast!!!
I am totally right there with you about weening! I am down to one nurse a day and a part of me is a little sad! It's a milestone for us and them...crazy..
Kerry, I can feel the pride of momma hood in your post. I love it. We've come a long way "baby":) I truly can't believe it. But I am looking forward to what's to come too.
Wow, Otto weaned himself...when did it start? I'm sure he'll want hugs and cuddles just as much...even though its not the same.
I can't believe he ate a wheel. We've had plenty of food choking "scares" with Marcos, which is plenty uncomfortable...a wheel. Go Otto:)
And yes, the formula is crazy expensive...and we've been at it since 7 months! Where did you get $15 formula!!!
Post a Comment