Monday, August 13, 2007

Otto Goes International

Cabo San Lucas welcomed us with warm weather and warm hospitality. We stayed in a gorgeous resort and spa, which I would highly recommend to anyone. We booked through Expedia last minute and got a great price. This was the view from our room.

Otto was a great flyer, eating and sleeping the whole way down. We held him on our lap and only had to change him twice during our flights. We really enjoyed our first family vacation, but came to realize that our travels would be much different now with Otto.

After coating Otto with SPF 50 sunblock, we took him swimming every day. Here he is with Daddy blowing bubbles.


Otto loved bobbing up and down, but his swim diaper also went up and down (indecent exposure)!
Daddy gave Otto a few water polo lessons. Otto was mostly amused with the floating yellow ball, but we have high hope for his egg beater kick and cross-cage shots.

The best news of all...Otto came back from Mexico with his first tooth. That's right, the first little one on the bottom. We call it his Mexican tooth. Now he's working on a neighboring American tooth.

3 comments:

librarymeow said...

Congrats on the new tooth! It looks like a fun vacation!

Anonymous said...

Cabo san lucas, I'm jealous:) It looks like it was beautiful and relaxing. Yes, travels with the babe - quite different than the single couple days:) But its great when you get to your destination. Wow, a tooth...we just started rice cereal!

Zoren said...

Ohh Mexico, I was there when I was no more than a fertilized egg, and it was still nice! But I do hope to go back again, now that I am on the outside!